Having a Store Front May Have The Advantage According To Google
Mobile Search Trends & Statistics
Last week I went over some general stats from Google on local searches. This week let’s look at what’s happening with mobile searches. Most window covering retailers are unaware that Google has been indexing first for mobile for a little over a year now. That means if your site isn’t mobile optimized, you will NOT show up on mobile search or to put it another way you just lost 50% of your potential customers.
- 67% prefer businesses whose apps or mobile sites target their location. (Think with Google)
- 50% of people who conduct mobile searches for a local business will visit the store within one day. (Search Engine Land)
- More than three-quarters of searches for local businesses on mobile devices end up buying from local stores.
- 33% who use mobile phones to search for local companies are looking for the location. (Hubspot)
- Almost 2 of 3 smartphone users are more likely to purchase from companies whose mobile sites or apps customize information to their location. ( Think with Google )
Takeaway: This is a clear sign that local searches have a positive influence on in-store traffic. This highlights the importance of having a consistent local business marketing strategy. Ensure that your business is listed on Google MY Business with a consistent name, address, and phone number.
- An average mobile user spends about 4 hours a day on their smartphones.
- 52.2% of all web traffic worldwide originated from mobile phones. (Statista)
- By 2021, mobile devices will influence over $1.4 trillion in locally based sales. (Forrester).
- 65 percent of people use their mobile phone in their buying moments. (Think with Google)
- 71% of customers look to confirm the address before visiting a new store.
- 75% of smartphone owners use search first. (Think with Google)
Importance Of Reviews For Local SEO Marketing
1. Today, more people give importance to online reviews than ever before. BrightLocal’s 2017 Local Consumer Survey revealed that a majority of consumers would regard a local business highly based on positive online reviews. 73% of consumers trust a business based on positive reviews.
2. An average consumer reads seven reviews to develop an opinion about a company.
3. 88% of local clients trust reviews.
Takeaway: Online reputation is important. It can be your biggest asset if managed well. It can also turn out to be your worst liability. Google also gives weight to reviews in local rankings. Closing Thoughts on SEO For Local Window Covering Businesses
Developing a local search engine strategy is no longer an issue for debate. Local SEO has the potential of bringing you more customers.
Going by these statistics, it is clear that millions of consumers use local searches on a daily basis to find local products and services. So, if you haven’t optimized your business for Google local search, you are failing to take advantage of this significant opportunity. The above trend suggests that more consumers are looking for local businesses.
If you’re in need of help, please look at ExSeed Marketings website/SEO packages and our Google Ads Programs.