12 Tips to Hiring New Talent
How to hire new employees for your window covering business.
We are in a hiring frenzy. Last week the headlines were there are more jobs available than people to fill them. So It’s time to set a plan in place so you can take advantage of this growing economy. This is when great fortunes are made.
12 Tips for finding a new installer or salesperson.
- Ask sales reps they know all the local installers.
- Ues social media postings.
- Help Wanted magnets on your vans.
- Use FB/ Twitter/Google + page.
- Find an independent recruiter to find others to come work for you.
- Offer real benefits.
- Help wanted ads.
- Local design schools collaborations.
- Set up an apprenticeship.
- Mandatory drug testing and background checks (This cuts down on the poor quality candidates)
- Ask friends
- Bonus: Have a help wanted page on your site. Ask your designer to optimize the page. This will get the page indexed in the search engines. Take it a step further and add in an online application. Google is now posting jobs in the search results.
Tips: If you do use outside vendors make sure they are 100% legal with insurance and licensees.
Hire before you need them.
Have back up people in place so you never get caught short-handed.
Offer signing bonuses.