Google Statistics That Every Window Covering Dealer Should Know
Google Local SEO Statistics
That Every Window Covering Business Owner Should Read
Imagine that you are home on a quiet weekend. Your sink drain starts leaking all over your new flooring. You need a plumber!
How would you find someone?
The chances are that you will pull out your phone or laptop and start searching online for plumbing contractors in your area.
If this is the approach you will take, you are not alone.
GOOGLE LOCAL SEARCH STATISTICS 2019
- 88% of consumer local business searches on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours. (Nectafy)
- 46% of all searches on Google are seeking local information.
- 97% searched online to find a local business (Source: Hubspot)
- As of June 2018, Google accounted for over 72.47% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Baidu at 13.47%, Bing at 7.64%, and Yahoo at 4.74%. (NetMarketShare)
- 86% of people look up the location of a business on Google Maps
- 72% of consumers, who search for local businesses, end up visiting stores within five miles. (Hubspot)
- 97% of people find out more about a local company through the internet in 2017. (BrightLocal)
- Among these consumers, 12% search for a local business on a daily basis. This is a slight increase from 2016, where 11% searched for local businesses daily.
- 92% of searchers will pick businesses on the first page of local search results.
- 46% of all Google searches are local. The same article revealed that 60%)of the people who search for local business use smartphones. (Hubspot)
- During holiday seasons, 76% of consumers prefer shopping in physical stores. (Geo Marketing report)
- 70% of customers visit a store based on information found online.
- 56% of local stores are yet to claim their local listing on Google. It is free to list business in either Bing Places for Business or Google My Business.
- More than 50% of ‘near me’ searches result in a store visit. (Mediapost)
- Between 20% and 25% of organic traffic converts to a lead.
- Search beats social media by more than 300% as a traffic source. (imForza)
- Companies dedicate 9% of their marketers’ time to SEO. In return, they convert 15% of the leads to sales. The study shows that marketers use 16% and 11% of their time on Social Media and email marketing respectively. Yet, they only realized 13% and 11% in conversions.
- 61% of digital marketers treat search engine optimization as a top priority.
- 85% of retailers rated Search Engine Marketing as the most effective acquisition tactic. A majority of retailers trust SEM. Retailers rated SEM higher than direct mail (15%) and offline advertising (8%). (Forester)
- 61% of marketers value ranking high on search engines. (Hubspot)
Truth is I can’t convince you to invest in a new website and an online presence. If you’re comfortable with no site there’s nothing wrong with that. Either you know you need one or you don’t. Either you see the value of a complete online presence or you don’t. Either you see the value of being listed on Google maps or you don’t.
If you need help, let’s talk. ExSeed Marketing is set up to help you attract new customers who are using the internet to look for new window treatments. I’ve been in the window covering industry for over 32 years. I’m also an expert in online marketing.
Spend the $225 per month for an expert to write, build and optimize your site while you focus on helping your customers. Optimization or SEO is changing daily and requires an expert to keep your site updated.
Call me and let’s talk about your online future.